REAL TIME INFORMATION

gnss
Permanent GPS Network

Geodesy

Short Historical Reference

1948 – Establishment of Section “Geodesy” at the Technical Institute of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences;
1951 – By government decree (PMS of 31.03.1951) was introduced the coordination system of 1950. The theoretical basis and parameters of the system are proposed by Vladimir Hristov, and the transition from the system in 1930 to the new one in 1950 is realized according to his transformation formulas and under his direction;
1952 – Under the auspices of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and on the initiative of Vl. Hristov in the building of the National Assembly was organizing the first, called later “Sofia” Conference of the geodetic services of the countries from Eastern Europe. Important decisions have been taken for unification and implementation of united standards of state geodetic systems and mapping production, on the ground of the Krasovsky ellipsoid, normal heights, Gaus – Krüger coordinates and projection connected with them;
1955 – Section “Geodesy” at the Technical Institute of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences was transformed into Central Laboratory of Higher Geodesy, which in 1956 acquired the status of an Institute;
1957 – In the framework of the International geodetic year was organized and carried out an international survey campaign for determination of the differences between geographical longitudes of the main points of the astronomic-geodetic networks of countries in Eastern Europe;
1957 – Monography of Vl. Hristov Koordinaty Gausa-Kruygera na elipsoide vrashtenia was published in Moscow.
1958 – Vladimir Hristov was elected member of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (academician);
1958 – The first book of Proceedings of Central Laboratory of Geodesy was published and the chief editor was acad. Vl. Hristov;
1959 – It was carried out a pendulum gravimetric connection between the world gravimetric point at Potsdam and the main gravimetric point in Bulgaria. It was realized by two independent teams – Bulgarian (prof. Ivan Petkov) and German (Dr. C. Elstner), according to the agreement between the Director of the Central Laboratory of Higher Geodesy acad. Hristov and the Director of the Geodetic institute Potsdam prof. K. Reicheneder;
1959 – It was restored the Bulgarian National Committee of Geodesy and Geophysics (BNCGG) as a member of the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG). For his President has been elected acad. Vl. Hristov. For seat of the Committee was determined the Central Laboratory of Higher Geodesy. BNCGG was created by government decree in 1931 and situated at Sofia University. During the WWII ceased its activity. Academician Hristov succeeded to restore the Committee and to resume the relations with IUGG;
1959 – Monography of Vl. Hristov Obshchaya teoriya primenennych v geodezii koordinat was published in Moscow;
1959 – It was published Tables for all problems of the higher geodesy on the Krasovsky ellipsoid for the zone of 25 – 55 degrees edited by Vl. Hristov and Antal Tarczy-Hornoch from the Research Institute of Geodesy and Geophysics at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences;
1963 – It was supplied and installed a passage instrument of the Zeiss Company which gave the start of the astronomic observations for determining the time in Bulgaria. The results are sending regularly in the services “Standard time” in Moscow and in International Time Bureau in Paris;
1965 – Acad. Vl. Hristov received title “Honored Scientist”;
1966 – Monography of Vl. Hristov Razshirenya uravnivania po sposobu naymenshih kvadratov was published in Sofia by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences;
1966 – It was supplied a camera for photographic observations of Earth satellites the so-called Potsdam camera. By synchronic observations of satellite Echo 2 is determined the azimuth Sofia-Riga and the observations are realized from teams of the Central Laboratory of Higher Geodesy and the Military Topographic Service at the Ministry of Defense. By this way was initiated the use of satellites for geodetic aims in Bulgaria;
1969 – It was organized an international symposium on Continental Networks by BNCGG and CLHG in the framework of the scientific collaboration with IUGG and in realization of its calendar. A number of prominent scientists in higher geodesy from many countries are participated;
1969 – Under the guidance of acad. Hristov begun the realization of the project “Method for determination of astronomic and geodetic components of declination of vertical level, needed for solution of the reduction problem on the territory of Bulgaria” assigned by the state Committee of Science and Technical Progress;
1970 – In issue XI, 1970 of Proceedings of Central Laboratory of Geodesy was published “A Proposal of the Bulgarian National Committee of Geodesy and Geophysics for the modification of the geodetic referential system of 1967”. The proposition is entirely worked out by acad. Hristov. It aims the improvement of the Zürich Geodetic Reference System 1967 adopted by resolution 22 of IUGG. The main part of the proposals are adopted and used at the final acceptance in 1979 in Canberra of the Geodetic Reference System 1980 (GRS80);
1971 – Acad. Vl. Hristov received the honorary title “National Scientist”;
1971 – Acad. Vl. Hristov was elected a member of the Council of the Permanent Commission VII “Recent crustal movements” at the International Association of Geodesy;
1971 – Along with the Geological Institute of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and National Research Institute of Geodesy and Cartography are elaborated and edited maps on the recent crustal movements in Bulgaria;
1972 – Central Laboratory of Geodesy was renamed as Central Laboratory of Higher Geodesy;
1972 – It was supplied and installed a zenith telescope of the Zeiss Company by which even nowadays are carried out the astronomical observations for determination of the latitude of Geodetic observatory in Plana;
1980 – Съвместно с НИИГиФ се създават и издават карти на съвременните вертикални движения на земната кора на страните от Източна Европа;
1983 – It was inaugurated the Geodetic observatory in Plana at the Central Laboratory of Higher Geodesy;
2010 – It was created the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography.
Dog